Product Code: ECCO4EiMIND
Caring for Patients With Endocrine Disorders
Subscription Length - 6 months
The endocrine modular course provides an in-depth overview of assessment, management, nursing priorities and evaluation of patients with a variety of endocrine disorders. Topics include assessing the endocrine system, managing diabetes and diabetic emergencies of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) and hyperglycemic hyperosmolar syndrome (HHS), and managing patients with disorders of the pituitary (diabetes insipidus - DI and syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone - SIADH) and hyper- and hypothyroidism. Also included is information on patients with cerebral salt wasting and managing hyper- and hypoglycemia in a critically ill patient with continuous insulin infusions. Within each topic area, you will explore assessment tools and diagnostics, measures to intervene for alterations and tips to prevent complications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the assessment and function of the pancreas, pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands.
- Describe the full-body impact of type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Identify diabetes disease management strategies.
- Differentiate the critical importance of patient presentations and care of a virtual patient with pituitary and non-pituitary disorders.
- Differentiate over- and underactivity of the thyroid. Demonstrate knowledge of the impact of over- and underactivity of the thyroid on the body.
- Demonstrate knowledge of special considerations required to manage patients with hypo- and hyperglycemia in critical care.
Derived From ECCO
The contents of this modular course are from “Essentials of Critical Care Orientation” (ECCO) 4.0’s ICU track.
Designed for nurses new to working in progressive or intensive care units, ECCO applies current, evidence-based practice to equip learners with the knowledge and confidence to provide safe patient care in the ICU. Featuring evidence-based learning, real-life patient scenarios and virtual simulations, ECCO (ICU) consists of 18 modules that offer up to 75.45 continuing education (CE) contact hours.
Purchase full course.
Access for Multiple Learners
For more information about purchasing for multiple learners, visit course pricing for organizations.
CE hours are provided for this ECCO modular course.
The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation, Provider Number 0012. The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses is approved by the California State Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP1036, for up to 4.73 contact hours.
CE Expiration Date: July 1, 2026.
This product is nonrefundable.