Product Code: ECCO4GP2iMIND
Global Perspectives in the Care of Critically Ill Patients: Part 2
Subscription Length - 6 months
Global Perspectives, Part 2 focuses on care considerations pervasive in patient care. This begins with evidence-based assessment and management of pain, agitation and delirium, and continues with a discussion of post-intensive care syndrome and the interventions to decrease its incidence and impact, including the ABCDEF bundle. Specific risks common to critically ill patients are addressed, including common healthcare-associated infections (CLABSI, CAUTI, VAE/VAP) and other risks such as VTE and HAPI. The module concludes with a discussion of organizing and coordinating care throughout the hospital stay, as well as managing patients receiving procedural sedation, patients recovering from anesthesia, and palliative and end-of-life care.
- Identify evidence-based tools for assessing, preventing and managing pain, agitation, delirium and post-intensive care syndrome.
- Demonstrate evidence-based knowledge of assessment and prevention of healthcare-associated infections and other common complications seen in critical care.
- Practice prioritizing and organizing care for a virtual patient from pre-admission to admission and ongoing care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the specialized care for patients undergoing procedural sedation and patients in post-anesthesia recovery.
- Discuss the evidence-based strategies for managing the continuum of care for critically ill patients, including palliative and end-of-life care.
Derived From ECCO
The contents of this modular course are from “Essentials of Critical Care Orientation” (ECCO) 4.0’s ICU track.
Designed for nurses new to working in progressive or intensive care units, ECCO applies current, evidence-based practice to equip learners with the knowledge and confidence to provide safe patient care in the ICU. Featuring evidence-based learning, real-life patient scenarios and virtual simulations, ECCO (ICU) consists of 18 modules that offer up to 75.45 continuing education (CE) contact hours.
Purchase full course.
Access for Multiple Learners
For more information about purchasing for multiple learners, visit course pricing for organizations.
CE hours are provided for this ECCO modular course.
The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation, Provider Number 0012. The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses is approved by the California State Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP1036, for up to 4.4 contact hours.
CE Expiration Date: July 1, 2026.
This product is nonrefundable.