Product Code: ECG19IND
Essentials of ECG & Dysrhythmia Monitoring
Subscription Length - 6 months
Ideal for nurses working in critical care, progressive care or other areas where ECG monitoring is provided, “Essentials of ECG and Dysrhythmia Monitoring” equips clinicians to identify cardiac rhythm changes, determine patient needs and respond quickly.
Simplify the complex practice of ECG interpretation:
- Detailed cardiac content — Features interactive content on physiology and lead placement that teaches learners the how and why of proper ECG monitoring and analysis
- Standardized methodology — Features an 8-step process for analyzing and interpreting cardiac rhythms to maximize consistency and accuracy and a 5-step process for analyzing pacemaker rhythms
- Applied learning emphasis — Provides extensive practice of rhythm-strip identification, which builds competency and helps learners demonstrate subject matter proficiency
- Trusted expertise — Developed by experts at AACN, the world’s largest specialty nursing organization
AACN’s course provides nurses with consistent and efficient ECG training, which is necessary for patient care. Simulations in the course encourage familiarity with a unit’s equipment and practices.
Course Learning Objectives
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify common dysrhythmias and conduction defects
- Interpret paced rhythms to identify pacemaker malfunctions
- Describe patient assessments with rhythm changes and immediate interventions
- Evaluate 12-lead ECGs to identify areas of ischemia and infarction
Access for Multiple Learners
For more information about purchasing for multiple learners, visit Course Pricing for Organizations.
CE hours are provided for this ECG course.
The course is available to organizations through AACN and our education partners: Health-Stream, Elsevier and Healthcare-Source. The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC’s) Commission on Accreditation, Provider Number P0012. AACN has been approved as a provider of continuing education in nursing by the California Board of Registered Nursing (CABRN), CA Provider Number CEP1036. This activity is approved for 4.88 to 14.25 contact hours.
CE Expiration Date: January 31, 2026.
This product is non-refundable.