Product Code: ECCO4CV1pMIND
Caring for Patients with Cardiovascular Disorders: Part 1
Subscription Length - 6 months
Cardiovascular, Part 1 reviews fundamental information about cardiovascular system assessment and diagnostic testing, including stress testing and cardiac CT for acutely ill patients. Acute coronary syndromes are described, including the pathophysiologic differences, diagnostic testing and both medical and interventional treatment priorities for ST-elevation MI, non-ST-elevation MI and unstable angina. Complications of MI, including pulmonary edema, RVMI and cardiogenic shock, are addressed, including clinical signs and patient management. Pre- and post-cardiac procedure care are also discussed.
- Describe clinical signs and symptoms in a patient likely presenting with acute coronary syndrome (ACS).
- Differentiate acute coronary syndrome (ACS) pain.
- Identify diagnostic findings associated with ischemia and infarction.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and provide the care required for virtual patients presenting with ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI), non-STEMI and unstable angina (UA)
- Demonstrate knowledge of evidence-based care for virtual patients with complications of myocardial infarction (MI) such as pulmonary edema and cardiogenic shock.
- Describe the evidence-based nursing care for virtual patients undergoing invasive and noninvasive cardiac procedures, including pre- and post-cardiac catheterization procedure care.
Derived From ECCO
The contents of this modular course are from “Essentials of Critical Care Orientation” (ECCO) 4.0’s PCU track.
Designed for nurses new to working in progressive or intensive care units, ECCO applies current, evidence-based practice to equip learners with the knowledge and confidence to provide safe patient care in the PCU. Featuring evidence-based learning, real-life patient scenarios and virtual simulations, ECCO (PCU) consists of 17 modules that offer up to 67.72 continuing education (CE) contact hours.
Purchase full course.
Access for Multiple Learners
For more information about purchasing for multiple learners, visit course pricing for organizations.
CE hours are provided for this ECCO modular course.
The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation, Provider Number 0012. The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses is approved by the California State Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP1036, for up to 4.22 contact hours.
CE Expiration Date: July 1, 2023.
This product is nonrefundable.