Product Code: ECCO4CV2pMIND
Caring for Patients with Cardiovascular Disorders: Part 2
Subscription Length - 6 months
Cardiovascular, Part 2 explores a variety of cardiovascular disorders, including inflammatory diseases, hypertensive crisis, cardiac tamponade, aortic aneurysm and aortic dissection. Peripheral artery disease, carotid artery stenosis, and selected electrophysiologic disorders and treatments are addressed, including long QT syndrome, pacemakers and ICDs. Within each topic, you will explore assessments, evidence-based interventions and strategies to prevent complications.
- Describe evidence-based care for patients with acute and chronic cardiac diagnoses such as cardiac tamponade, inflammatory diseases and hypertension.
- Provide care for virtual patients presenting with vascular problems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the pacing modes of pacemakers.
- Describe the function of implanted cardioverter defibrillators.
- Provide care for virtual patients with pacemakers and implanted cardioverter defibrillators.
- Describe the ECG findings and indications for electrophysiology studies.
Derived From ECCO
The contents of this modular course are from “Essentials of Critical Care Orientation” (ECCO) 4.0’s PCU track.
Designed for nurses new to working in progressive or intensive care units, ECCO applies current, evidence-based practice to equip learners with the knowledge and confidence to provide safe patient care in the PCU. Featuring evidence-based learning, real-life patient scenarios and virtual simulations, ECCO (PCU) consists of 17 modules that offer up to 67.72 continuing education (CE) contact hours.
Purchase full course.
Access for Multiple Learners
For more information about purchasing for multiple learners, visit course pricing for organizations.
CE hours are provided for this ECCO modular course.
The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation, Provider Number 0012. The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses is approved by the California State Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP1036, for up to 4.17 contact hours.
CE Expiration Date: July 1, 2026.
This product is nonrefundable.