Product Code: ECCO4GIiMIND
Caring for Patients With Gastrointestinal Disorders
Subscription Length - 6 months
The gastrointestinal (GI) modular course includes an overview of GI diagnostic testing and nutritional therapies, including enteral and parenteral nutrition. The learner will explore the diagnosis, management and potential complications of GI bleeding, pancreatitis and liver failure. Bowel disorders of ileus, ischemia and obstruction are explored. Abdominal trauma, and the measurement of intra-abdominal pressure and management of intra-abdominal hypertension are addressed.
- Describe the diagnostic testing commonly used for GI disorders.
- Provide care for a virtual patient with an acute GI bleed.
- The learner will provide care for the virtual patient with liver failure including assessment, monitoring and complications.
- Provide care for a virtual patient with intra-abdominal hypertension (IAH).
- Provide care for a virtual patient with acute pancreatitis.
- Provide care for virtual patients with a variety of GI disorders.
- Provide nutritional support for the virtual patient with a critical illness.
Derived From ECCO
The contents of this modular course are from “Essentials of Critical Care Orientation” (ECCO) 4.0’s ICU track.
Designed for nurses new to working in progressive or intensive care units, ECCO applies current, evidence-based practice to equip learners with the knowledge and confidence to provide safe patient care in the ICU. Featuring evidence-based learning, real-life patient scenarios and virtual simulations, ECCO (ICU) consists of 18 modules that offer up to 75.45 continuing education (CE) contact hours.
Purchase full course.
Access for Multiple Learners
For more information about purchasing for multiple learners, visit course pricing for organizations.
CE hours are provided for this ECCO modular course.
The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation, Provider Number 0012. The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses is approved by the California State Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP1036, for up to 4.66 contact hours.
CE Expiration Date: July 1, 2026.
This product is nonrefundable.