Product Code: ECCO4MpMIND
Caring for Patients with Multisystem Disorders
Subscription Length - 6 months
The multisystem modular course provides an in-depth review of the different types of shock (hypovolemic, cardiogenic, obstructive, neurogenic and anaphylactic), the sepsis - septic shock continuum, including sepsis screening, international sepsis and septic shock treatment bundles, rhabdomyolysis, necrotizing fasciitis and behavioral issues in critical care, including alcohol withdrawal and substance abuse. Within each topic, you will explore assessments, evidence-based interventions and strategies to prevent complications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the various stages and types of shock.
- Describe the care of a patient progressing along the sepsis continuum.
- Demonstrate knowledge on how to screen and manage a patient at risk for alcohol withdrawal syndrome.
- Demonstrate knowledge on how to screen and manage patients admitted for drug overdoses.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the signs and symptoms of necrotizing fasciitis and rhabdomyolysis.
- Describe the care of a patient with necrotizing fasciitis and rhabdomyolysis.
Derived From ECCO
The contents of this modular course are from “Essentials of Critical Care Orientation” (ECCO) 4.0’s PCU track.
Designed for nurses new to working in progressive or intensive care units, ECCO applies current, evidence-based practice to equip learners with the knowledge and confidence to provide safe patient care in the PCU. Featuring evidence-based learning, real-life patient scenarios and virtual simulations, ECCO (PCU) consists of 17 modules that offer up to 67.72 continuing education (CE) contact hours.
Purchase full course.
Access for Multiple Learners
For more information about purchasing for multiple learners, visit course pricing for organizations.
CE hours are provided for this ECCO modular course.
The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation, Provider Number 0012. The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses is approved by the California State Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP1036, for up to 3.69 contact hours.
CE Expiration Date: July 1, 2023.
This product is nonrefundable.